How to order concrete?
general information needed for concrete orders
- application of concrete, construction stage
- strength class (information on class specified in plans and specifications)
- approximate quantity
- approximate date of order completion
- options of access to the site for a concrete mixer truck
- required pumps for concrete
- a VAT invoice is the basic proof of purchase of concrete with specified parameters according to the requirements of the design
- applicable standards precisely define the characteristics of specific concrete mixes*
- exemplary application of concrete with compressive strength classes:
C8/10 or C12/15 called ‘lean concrete’ - used as a leveling and substrate layer, e.g. for bedding under foundation footings, floors, pavements or garage driveways
C16/20 and C20/25 - a mix for structural elements of houses, such as ceilings, stairs, tie beams
C20/25 - ceilings, foundation footings, foundation plates - for cellar walls or foundation walls in areas with a high level of ground water, ordering concrete with water repellence class W8 is recommended
C25/30 - external elements, such as pavements, maneuvering yards, garage drive-ins, parking space with exposure class XF2 or XF3
- transport - we deliver concrete with concrete mixer trucks in accordance with the applicable standards
- application - it can be performed with the use of a concrete pump or directly from the mixer truck
- pumping of concrete - performed with the use of a pump for concrete with a specified length of the extension arm, which delivers the mix to the application site
- consistency - plastic or semi-fluid - refer to our guide
- method of compacting of the concrete mix
- maintenance of concrete
Contact your local Dyckerhoff plant!
If you need consultancy or advice - please do not hesitate to contact us.
* Basic production and delivery of concrete is performed in accordance with: PN-EN 206+A2:2021-08 "Concrete. Requirements, properties, manufacturing and compliance" and PN-B-06265:2022-08 "Concrete -- Requirements, performance, production and conformity -- National supplement to PN-EN 206+A2:2021-08".