History

1960 – 1965

Kombinat Cementowo-Wapienniczy “Nowiny” is established. The technology is based on using the wet method of cement production. The plant is fitted with 5 rotary kilns. They are heated up for the first time on the day of October 27, 1965. It is recognized as the opening date for the plant.


1970 – 1974

Cementownia “Nowiny” II is established. The new plant comes into use on the day of January 20, 1974.


1995 – 1996

On the basis of notarial deed dated October 23, 1995 Zakłady Cementowo-Wapiennicze “Nowiny” is transformed into Zakłady Cementowo-Wapiennicze “Nowiny” Spółka Akcyjna, joint-stock company wholly-owned by the State Treasury, on the day of January 2, 1996.

On the basis of Decision No. 1846/92 dated December 19, 1996 the Home Secretary decides to let Dyckerhoff AG, having its seat in Wiesbaden, buy 60 per cent shares in the equity capital of Zakłady Cementowo-Wapiennicze “Nowiny” Spółka Akcyjna in Sitkówka.


1997

According to the decision of the District Court Economic Department in Kielce on the day of July 9, 1997 Zakłady Cementowo-Wapiennicze “Nowiny” S.A. changes its name to Cementownia “Nowiny” Spółka Akcyjna.


2000

According to the decision of the District Court Economic Department in Kielce on the day of December 29, 2000 Cementownia “Nowiny” S.A. is transformed into a limited liability company.


2007

On the day of April 3, 2007 Cementownia “Nowiny” Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością and Dyckerhoff Beton Polska Spółka z o.o. merge. The name of the Company changes to Dyckerhoff Polska Sp. z o.o.


2008

Dyckerhoff Polska becomes important part of the Buzzi Unicem group.